Wednesday, August 03, 2016

"Cerulean On Mars"



 "Cerulean On Mars" 8x8 oil on panel... playing with lost edges and texture. A couple things I see that need adjusting but it's almost there...  love painting used paint tubes. They have such fun character - the shapes and colors are infinite. I've done quite a few in pastels but only a few in oils - this is my newest ... spent a while mixing paint, so didn't start painting until about 11:30pm ...and despite my droopy eyes, I kept at it until 2:30am! I was on a roll and didn't want to quit. I've since made a few minor changes ...






2 comments:

enLiven said...

While I LOVE your pastels, delight in seeing your passion for experimenting until the wee hours.

Carol Flatt said...

Love the composition of this and those neutrals in the background!