Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Jasmine Alone


There's just something about the pastel medium - the immediacy - the layering - the tactile sensibility - it just feels natural in my hands - pushing it onto the paper . . .

I can leave it for days and it doesn't dry on the palette - I don't need to spend an hour mixing paint before diving into the act of painting - creating art.

My niece agreed to pose for me one afternoon when they were over for a visit. I love her eyes and her round cheeks - she is a beauty!
This has been juried into the 2011 Pastel Society of America Exhibit in New York City.
The show hangs from Sept. 6 thru Oct. 1, 2011

"Jasmine Alone" 11x14" Pastel on LaCarte Card $725 Framed with double mat.
Contact me for purchase information.

4 comments:

irinapictures said...

That's how I want to learn to draw and paint and choose colors and composition. Do not want to sound overemotional, but I like this portrait so much.

artybecca said...

this is beautiful!!!

Casey Klahn said...

Masterful. All three posts!

Kim Werfel said...

Love your color choices here! Want to be this daring...Stunning!